It is great to use NLP and other tools to expand your choices in life, make better use of your mind and body, develop yourself and improve, but we must not neglect our mind and body from an holistic point of view. This article Walk Much? It May Protect Your Memory Down the Road suggests that walking at least six miles (nearly 10k) per week may protect brain size and in turn, preserve memory in [Read more...]
Neurology topics that are of interest to NLP or human behaviour
We often hear and have heard it misquoted – you’re only using 10% of your brain and how would you like to use the other 90 percent? But what do they mean by this; was this the real quote? Did Einstein say any of this and was he really quoted to have said that we only use 10% of our brain? The short answer is that the 10% is largely a misused figure and there [Read more...]
What Hallucination Reveals about Our Minds Added by Sonya Yeh Spencer, ITANLP Trainer, Educator & Coach Did you know that about 10 percent of the hearing impaired people get musical hallucinations and about 10 percent of the visually impaired people get visual hallucinations? How do we do it? In this facinating video, you will learn a little bit more about how our brain works. Dr. Oliver Sacks shares with you some interesting insights.
Added by Mark Spencer, ITANLP Trainer, Educator and Coach A mirror neuron is a neuron that fires both when an animal or human acts and also when the human or animal observes the same action performed by another. From an NLP perspective, we would say that the functions of Mirroring were discovered 20 years earlier by Grinder and Bandler during the earliest days of the creation of NLP and it took some years for the [Read more...]